The last one

 Hey yall


This will be the last post :(

Look at what I did tho!

My gram

I wanna take this moment to reflect on the work that I have done in this class. I started the class not knowing anything about photography and digital art. The graphic design book really helped me to fully understand different concepts like framing, patterns, and hierarchy. Though I had known what these meant previously, I think that actually applying them to your work to produce a specific meaning is a lot more difficult than it sounds. 

Further, my project started as a sort of mindfulness project... however... it slowly turned into something more like a diary post. Eventually, each post had the date and a small blurb of text associated with it. In the end, my post ended up illuminating what my life looks like (literally just looks like a day in Wisconsin). I found it difficult to take pictures everyday because I had wanted it to be just things that I enjoy. However, I feel like I got caught up in the prompts and decided to use the prompts to guide what images I captured. This ended up being fine because I think it helped me to enjoy some of the littler things within my day. 

This class also pushed my understanding of social media. Sophia and I often had conversations about how social media functions and how the "art world" perceives it differently from "everyone else". I think that Jurgenson helped to illuminate some things that I had never thought of before including documentation, nostalgia, and capturing the self. "The social photo, liberated from the fact of the matter, is able to tell new truths" (Jurgenson, 18). I think that this quote wraps up what my project ended up being. Even though photos can be manipulated, they often hold some form of truth. For my project, the photos that I took ended up illuminating different things that I enjoy, and hadn't though about before. It just goes to show how important photography is and can be.

bye bye

Jojo




P.S.

I think my favorite posts of mine are ether all of the mirror pictures or the funny little noise that the crosswalk thing made in the video

Comments