How is my art artistic?!

 Hello again all and welcome back. 

To be honest, I found it difficult to identify things that I could capture in the natural environment that fit what I am trying to do... or to at least identify things that I felt were worthy of noting. However, the reading helped me to contextualize what I am trying to accomplish and gave me some ideas about how social media can be used to capture specific moments. 

One quote that I tried to use to inform my posts was:

"Subjectively, scale refers to one's impression of an object's size... reflecting how it relates to you own bodies and knowledge" (41). 

I think that this relates to my image (below) because I am trying to capture each image from my own perspective (how I see it) in order to correctly convey the emotion I am experiencing. For example, the image below depicts a dog with almost a fish eye lens view, with his nose up close and large. In comparison to the background, which is blurred, the dog takes up the space of the image seemingly overwhelming the viewer (which is exactly what happened to me lol). In this way, the image takes motion as well.

Good Dog
Good Therapy Dog on Thursdays

The next quote that I would like to discuss is balance and rhythm... 

"Rhythm is a strong, regular, repeated pattern... Balance and pattern work together to create works of design that pulse with life" (29).

In my post below (not sure if I can get it to play on repeat but you can always just give my instagram a like and follow) I believe that there is balance and patters both within the shadows of the railing and a rhythm with people walking down the stairs. Not only do the footsteps allow for perceived pattern but the repetition of individuals walking downstairs also created an uneven rhythm that is still very soothing.


This is just a screenshot of part of the video...
check out my insta for the video!

In my future posts... I hope to incorporate these elements more consciously and I hope to maybe see how I can use them to my advantage as I try to capture the specific moments in time.


Bye bye,

Jojo




Comments

  1. I am such a big fan of the jojo_happiness_log it makes me do a good ole chuckle. contextualization is very good and I like hearing about how you are intentionally making your art...art! keep up the good work. maybe we can lay in the grass after you get back from work if it is nice out? xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment