I got framed

 

Hello all: My instagram

This week we are talking about framing. 

Below are two quotes that I pulled from the reading (Lipton/Phillips). I tried to use these quotes to guide the images I created this week. Surprisingly, I also had some color themes appear purely by accident. The first time I was grabbing some brekkie at the cafe (which made me late to class because I also had to move my car because parking at Lawrence is dumb and I don’t want my Chevy Malibu to be towed AGAIN) and I noticed a green color theme! (My car is also green so really it all works out)


The second time I also hadn’t noticed until Sue from the corner store said I had all blue items! For each of these images, I used cropping to try and emphasize the similarity in color, by making the color take up the majority of the space. 


I also was thinking about active and passive frames and how they can illuminate different things. The image below I was actually trying to demonstrate active and passive images to a friend (hopefully  if I did it right).


The quotes below helped me to identify how to capture an image and give it meaning or to help the viewer identify the subject. I do think that the idea of all digital images having a frame already is interesting. That’s all.

“Every time you snap a picture with a camera, you make a frame” (page 101)

“By cropping images, the designer can discover new images inside it” (103)


See ya,

Jojo




Comments