But first... Lemme take a selfie

 Soooo this blog post is about selfies essentially. 

My gram

    There is one quote from the reading that really made me think... "The selfie is 'authenticated' by the markings of the form (holding the phone and pointing at oneself), which conveys an intimacy akin to looking in a mirror (55)". I found this concept of intimacy interesting because I feel like, for mass media, selfies are seen as a disconnected form of documentation. To illustrate this point of disconnectedness, I chose the quote "Without a device, we are heads up, eyes to the sky, left to ponder and appreciate (64)". What happens if its a mirror selfie taken with a phone? Does it give the same effects or offer the same tone as Ilse Bing (who we talked about in class)? To contemplate this, I compiled images that I have taken throughout the years of myself (and often my roommate) within a reflection.












See ya later,
Jojo











Comments